To install the DYMO LabelWriter 400 and 450 label printer on a PC, please follow the directions below.
PC running a version of Windows
- Part 1: Download the driver
- Part 2: Verify installation
- Part 3: Test the printer
- DYMO software update
- Purchasing labels
- Contacting the Manufacturer
- You'll need administrator access on your computer to complete this installation.
- Do not install the drivers using the CD that came with the unit. Instead, download the drivers here: PC Driver
- If you have installed a previous version of DYMO LabelWriter software to your computer, please check to make sure you're using the latest version of the software, or uninstall that version using the Uninstall Programs (generally found under your Control Panel on your PC).
- After the download is complete, open the setup file from your Downloads folder.
- Click Run to begin installing the application.
- Begin by clicking Next, and follow the prompts on the DYMO installation wizard:
- Once the install is finished, plug power cable in to a power source, and plug USB cable in to a USB port on computer.
If you are using Internet Explorer (IE), then you will need to add clients.mindbodyonline.com as a trusted site. In IE 9, you can do this by following these steps:
- Choose the Tools menu at the top of the screen.
- Select Internet Options, then choose the Security tab.
- Click the icon for Trusted Sites and click on the Sites button.
- Type "clients.mindbodyonline.com" into the blank field and click Add.
- Go to Devices and Printers (generally found under the Control Panel).
- Verify that DYMO LabelWriter 400(450) Turbo appears in your Printers & Faxes menu.
If you are using Internet Explorer or Safari, then you will need to restart your browser. (For IE simply click out of every open window; for Safari please visit the Safari menu at the top left and select Quit Safari.)
- Log in to your MINDBODY site.
- Click on the Home tab and select Products from the submenu.
- Find the product that you want to print barcodes for, and click on the item name.
- Click on the Print Barcode link located next to the item.
- Select the printer and click Print Barcode from the Print Product Barcodes screen.
- Once the Print window opens, check to be sure that the default printer "DYMO LabelWriter" is selected in the dropdown menu, and click OK to print.
If you receive an add-on notification at the top of the Print Product Barcodes screen, then click on it and select "Run Add-ons on All Websites." Log out, and then log back into your MINDBODY site to continue.
It's a good idea to make sure you are using the latest version of the DYMO software. To find out what version you currently have installed, locate the DYMO icon on your desktop. It will look like this:
If you click on the icon once, the full name will appear and display the version of the software. As of 11/19/2013, the most current version is 8.5, which can be downloaded here: DYMO Software
You can use the filters at the top right of the DYMO site to see if there are any newer versions: Software & Drivers > Product Type > Software > "DYMO Label TM Software v____, Windows."
If you need to purchase additional labels, then be sure to select the "DYMO 30336 1" x 2-1/8" Label." Dimensions are in inches.
Hardware warranty questions should be brought to DYMO, the product's manufacturer. Before calling, locate the serial or part number on the device.
DYMO Customer Support:
- Phone: 877-724-8324
- Web: http://sites.dymo.com/Support
Click here to view the Hardware Return Policy.